Frequently Asked Questions
Don’t see the answer you’re looking for on this page?
Submit your question over on our Contact page.
What are the dates for the festival?
- Friday, September 27: 4pm - 9pm
- Saturday, September 28: 11am - 8pm
- Sunday, September 29: 11am - 6pm
Where is the festival located?
Kiener Plaza in downtown St. Louis
How much is it?
Entry to the Q is FREE! BBQ, beer and more are available for purchase. Upgrade your experience with a Q PitPass.
What methods of payment can be used at the festival?
Cash or credit are accepted
Where do I park?
We recommend taking the Metro to any of the many convenient stops near the festival. But there will also be metered parking and paid parking garages near the festival.
Can I sample the BBQ?
Yes! Our Pitmasters will be selling a BBQ dish and side dish of their choice on Pit Row.
What is the average price of food and drinks at the festival?
Pricing varies for each vendor but on average, ranges from $4-$8
How late will BBQ be served during the festival?
We’ll sell the BBQ until it runs out or the festival closes—whichever comes first!
What is a Pit Pass?
With a Pit Pass, you avoid the lines and can spend 2.5 hours alongside your favorite Pitmasters enjoying all you can eat BBQ, signature cocktails, beer, wine and soft drinks in any one of our four Q Pit Lounges. There are also private restrooms for your convenience.
How can I get involved?
We always need volunteers to help out behind the scenes! There’s a lot to do, including working with our PitCrews to prepare and serve up the BBQ. You’ll even get a t-shirt and free meal. Space is limited, so sign up today!
Are the Pit Passes date-specific, or can they be used any of the three days?
Yes, the Pit Passes are date-specific to make sure there is enough BBQ to go around and to ensure you have a comfortable and rewarding experience in our Q Pit Lounges. You can choose one of six sessions available throughout the weekend when you purchase your Pit Pass.
Are kids allowed in the Q Pit Lounges?
Yes, kids are allowed in the Q Pit Lounges. Kids under 5 do not need a Pit Pass to enter; ages 5 to 12 is $25 and ages 13-20 is $35.
Are guests without Pit Passes allowed in the Q Pit Lounges?
No, they are not.
What items are prohibited at the festival?
- Any large bags. This includes purses larger than a clutch bag, briefcases, backpacks, fanny packs, cinch bags, diaper bags, coolers and luggage of any kind.
- Any hard-sided containers, including camera and binocular cases, thermoses, and coolers
- Glass bottles or cans. Alcohol that is not purchased at the festival is grounds for immediate ejection from the event without a refund
- Large golf umbrellas or umbrellas with metal tips
- Noisemakers, such as whistles or air horns
- Footballs, Frisbees, lacrosse balls, and inflatable balls
- Fireworks, lasers, or weapons of any kind
What items are permitted at the festival?
- Small bags not larger than 12” x 12” x 12” (will be screened upon entry). Bags may be subject to search.
- Wagons and strollers.
- Small hand-sized clutch bag with or without a shoulder strap
- Seat cushions that are one solid piece of foam without an case, zippers, or covering
- Empty water, sports or Nalgene bottles. Festival goers may refill them once inside the Q
- Small, compact umbrellas without metal tips
- Dogs (must be on a leash at all times)
Other than the pitmasters, what food and beverage vendors will be at the festival?
Please visit our vendors page for more information
What is the earliest time guests can pick up their Pit Passes at the festival?
Pit Passes are available for pick up when the festival opens each day
What food will the pitmasters be serving during the festival?
Please visit our Pitmasters page for menu items
Are the cooking demos at the festival free to attend?
Yes, all demos are free to attend. Please visit our Demos page for more information.
We are visiting from out of town. Where should we stay?
There are many fine hotels that are conveniently close to Q in the Lou. Here are a few we recommend:
- Hilton St. Louis at the Ballpark: Just steps away from the Q! The Cardinals are in town. Why not add some baseball to your weekend?
- Cheshire Inn: This rustic, charming and family-friendly boutique hotel has easy access to Highway 64/40.
- St. Louis Union Station Hotel: Enjoy the history and luxury of this truly elegant famous downtown hotel.
- Home2 Suites by Hilton St. Louis/Forest Park: The comforts of home with top-notch service, this hotel is located near St. Louis’ famous Zoo and museums.
- Holiday Inn St. Louis - Forest Park: NConveniently located near I-44 and Forest Park and adjacent to St. Louis’s historic neighborhood, The Hill, former home of sports greats Yogi Berra, Joe Garagiola and Jack Buck.
- Seven Gables Inn: This Tudor-style inn is located in the heart of uptown Clayton, a highly walkable neighborhood in the financial district.